Summer Work and Travel Programme

J-1 Summer Work and Travel Programme

Programme Requirements
  • Must be at least age 18 .
  • Fulltime college student.
  • Have atleast a 2.0 GPA.
  • Pursuing a 2-4 years associate or degree from a recognized tertiary institution or community college.
Documents needed to make the application
  • 1 Smiling Passport size photograph.
  • School Status Letter.
  • Copy of valid school I.D.
  • Introduction video -Required for selected job assisted only.
  • Practical Experience: The programme bridges the gap between formal education and practical work experience.
  • Earn while gaining job experience and cultural diversity.


The purpose of the program is to reinforce a Cultural Exchange among the participants in the Exchange program and the people in the USA while promoting mutual understanding in accordance with the Mutual Educational and Cultural Exchange Act.

Programme Overview

International Work and Travel Services takes great pleasure in providing you with the opportunity to participate in the Summer Work and Travel Programme in the USA. The purpose of the program is to enhance a cultural exchange among all participants, regardless of their country of origin. The exchange programme enables full-time college students to live and work in the USA up to 4 months, legally. The duration of a participant’s programme may be shortened; depending on the school’s official summer break. It is our responsibility to provide you with a legitimate job and a programme sponsor while you are in the USA. Your role is to provide all that is required, follow all the rules and you will be on your way to having a great programme. Conditions Apply.

Why Participate in the Cultural Exchange Programme?

The programme provides you with the opportunity to explore the USA, its people and culture as well as working with other exchange students from different countries. It allows you to create a network of international friends and employers. At the end of the summer you are most likely to gain a worthwhile experience and will also internationalize your resume. You will also earn money to take care of your expenses while you are in the USA, traveling and sightseeing at the end of the programme.

Interns must be foreign nationals:

Who are currently enrolled in and pursuing studies at a foreign degree- or certificate-granting post-secondary academic institution outside the United States; or
Who have graduated from such an institution no more than 12 months prior to their exchange visitor program start date.